List:       mysql-odbc
Subject:    Re: Problems configuring latest MyODBC with MySQL
From:       Nick Gorham <nick () lurcher ! org>
Date:       2000-01-19 21:19:22

rjb@typeline.com wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm currently running the alpha release of MySQL (3.22.30) under RH
> Linux 6.1.
> First, I built and installed MySQL from source with the
> --with-thread-safe-client configuration
> option on as specified in the MyODBC compilation and installation
> instructions.
>
> Second, I tried installing the binary rpm (MyODBC-2_50_28-1_i386.rpm)
> but got the following
> error:
>
> error: failed dependencies:
>         libmysqlclient.so.8 is needed by MyODBC-2.50.28-1
>
> This library is definitely in /usr/local/lib/mysql. Why is this
> happening??

Add /usr/local/lib/mysql to /etc/ld.so.conf and then run ldconfig
(/sbin/ldconfig maybe)

> Thinking that it would be better to build and install MyODBC from
> source, I tried to run
> configure using --with-mysql-libs=/usr/local/lib/mysql. Configure
> complained that it to couldn't
> find the same library.
>
> In addition to the above problem, I'm planning on using unixODBC as my
> ODBC data source
> manager. In the unixODBC ODBCConfig tool there's another
> field besides the standard driver file path field that requires a
> 'Driver Setup' file. Should I leave this
> blank or what? With PostgreSQL the driver library file for the setup was
> libodbcpsqlS.so. Will something
> similar be required of MyODBC??

If you want to use the GUI the setup lib is built by unixODBC and its called
libodbcmyS.so

> The goal of this whole effort is to get the latest beta release of
> Allaire's Coldfusion 4.5 for Linux talking
> to our MySQL and PostgresSQL datasources. So, if anyone has any
> experience with this, your help
> would be greatly appreciated.

If you want to use unixODBC as the DM you will need to rename the libodbc.so
that comes with CF (the marant driver manager) to someting else and make a
symbolic lint to the unixODBC libodbc.so

--
Nick Gorham,  nick@lurcher.org
Found in a sig...