List:       mysql-odbc
Subject:    Re: Scrollable cursors
From:       Nick Gorham <nick () lurcher ! org>
Date:       2000-01-12 0:37:50

David Sanchez wrote:

> Hello to the list,
>
> I'm using unixODBC 1.8.1, MySQL 3.22.27 and MyODBC 2.50.28 (I tested 2.50.23
> too). My application uses scrollable cursors so following MyODBC's Readme I
> tell unixODBC to use ODBC Cursor Library - SQLSetConnectAttr(hdbc,
> SQL_ATTR_ODBC_CURSORS, (void*)SQL_CUR_USE_ODBC, 0) before SQLConnect()
>
> When I run the application gives me "segmentation fault" and there is
> nothing of interest in the trace file.
>
> If I set to SQL_CUR_USE_IF_NEEDED the app tries to call MyODBC cursor
> library "MyODBC doesn't support that cursor mode!..."
>
> Any ideas?

The unixODBC cursor lib is only half finished, however I have been looking for
a excuse to finish it, part of the problem was finding someone to test what
I had done. before that could you install unixODBC-1.8.3.

What is the application ? Have you source I could take at ?

Could you send a trace from the odbc log (add the following to your
odbcinst.ini)

[ODBC]
Trace = yes
Trace File = /tmp/sql.log

and send me the /tmp/sql.log file.

If you dont mind a bit of debugging, we should be able to sort this out.

--
Nick Gorham,  nick@lurcher.org
Found in a sig...