List:       mysql-odbc
Subject:    Re: Problems with libodbc++ and MyODBC-2.50.28
From:       Nick Gorham <nick () lurcher ! org>
Date:       2000-01-08 17:17:02

"Williams, Murray Todd" wrote:

> MyODBC 2.50.28 seems to be extremely problematic in my environment.  Nick
> Gorham (of unixODBC fame) gave me a patch that fixed all sorts of problems,
> but there are a small handfull remaining.  My environment is an Intel RedHat
> 6.1 Linux system with MySQL 3.23.8 (just upgraded from .7) and I'm trying to
> use MyODBC in conjunction with unixODBC and libodbc++-0.2.1.
>
> After fixing MyODBC with the patch (are there more than just one floating
> around?) I've noticed three problems that I can describe in better detail
> later:

Just so you know, the patch was one I made up that fixed the problem with
SQLExtendedFetch that cipo posted the fix to.

> Problem I:
> =================
> libodbc++ test program "tests/mysql" fails with the following error:
>   [libodbc++]: Could not get SQL type 91 (Date), C type 91 (SQL_C_TYPE_DATE)
> as a string
> (note that this test runs perfectly with my test system running MyODBC
> 2.50.24)

I have been looking at this and talking to the libocbc++ people, It seems to be
a simple bug in libodbc++ that fails to cope with ODBC 3 type data types.

However having fixed this I have come across what seems like a bigger problem.
When inserting via bound param's into a field of type DATE, a date just after
the unix epoch, the date comes back via mysql (to avoid any possible problem in
ODBC) as sometime about 2050 with invalid (ie random) month ane days. if
however I move the date to later (now()+a bit) it works fine.

Also any attempt to insert a timestamp returns a value of 0000-00-00 00:00:00,
I have traced the value to ensert_param in the MyODBC code and it seems fine.

Before I start delving any deeper has anyone any idea whats going on ?

I havn't had a chance to look at the other problems Murray has seen, but I hope
he can get a sample bit of code that shows the problem.

--
Nick Gorham,  nick@lurcher.org
Found in a sig...