List:       mysql-odbc
Subject:    Re: ODBC and MS Access 97
From:       "Hendrik M.J. Arnoldus" <hendrik () arnoldus ! com>
Date:       1999-10-20 15:07:47

    Defragging the hard disk is a good thing to do anyhow, particularly as
NT does not come equipped with a defragger (Win2000 will have a utility).

Regarding the solution, connection pooling has the advantage that available
connections are re-used, which is useful, as it saves server resources.
However, the fact that connection pooling solves this particular problem
seems to point to a design flaw: Too many connections are opened during the
process (and they are probably not closed either). Using ASP, you should
close and destroy each object (objects, recordsets, connections) when not
needed anymore:

If IsObject(MyObject) Then
    If MyObject.State = 1 Then    ' Object is open
        MyObject.close
    End If
    Set MyObject = NOTHING
End If

Hendrik M.J. Arnoldus

You cannot rely on IIS to destroy the objects