List:       mysql-odbc
Subject:    myodbc: Problem encountered conecting to mySQL server
From:       Michael Widenius <monty () monty ! pp ! sci ! fi>
Date:       1999-02-19 14:42:04

>>>>> "Gigi" == Gigi Di Leo <gdileo@teseo.it> writes:

Gigi> Dear Sirs,
Gigi> I am testing the opportunity to use mySQL to access db on a web site (hosted
Gigi> at iserver: voicebook.com).
Gigi> I have of course installed the mySQL server extension. The only "root" user
Gigi> with no pwd has full permission on it.
Gigi> In a Windows 95 environment I am trying to export an Access table to mySQL.
Gigi> I have followed what the manual suggests to do in these cases but the ODBC
Gigi> can't connect to the server.
Gigi> I get the following error message:
Gigi> [TCX][MyODBC]Can't connect to MySQL server on voicebook.com (10061)(#2003)

Gigi> I get the same error message if I use the voicebook.com IP address which is
Gigi> 192.41.21.45.

Gigi> Please find attached the log file.

Gigi> Could you please give me suggestions to solve this problem?
Gigi> Thank you very much for your attention.

Hi!

The above error message means that there isn't a mysqld server running
on the above host and port combination or there is some firewall in
between that doesn't allow you to access the server.

Did you test this if the MySQL server is up with:

telnet voicebook.com 3306

Regards,
Monty