List:       mysql-odbc
Subject:    myodbc: ODBC-trouble after upgrading MySQL
From:       Dag Sondre Hansen <sondre () topp ! no>
Date:       1999-02-16 17:55:37

After upgrading MySQL from version 3.21.? to  3.22.16a-gamma I am no
longer able to connect to the server from Windows 95 via ODBC. (At the
same time, I upgraded the OS (FreeBSD) from version 2.2.7 stable to 2.2.8
stable).

I am using Access 97/Windows 95 as a client, and there used to be no
trouble making the connection to the server, but after the mentioned
upgrade, the ODBC-driver (version 2.50.21) respons with the error message
"[TCX][MyODBC]Host '' is not allowed to connect to this MySQL-server
(#1130)". The IP-address for the client is the same as before the upgrade,
and there is (and was) a reverse-lookup DNS entry for it, so it looks to
me as if the server is unable to get the clients DNS-name. However - other
computers connecting to the server (from Apache/PHP3) does not have any
problems logging on.

Has anyone seen this error before? Is it possible that this is an error in
the OS and not in MySQL?

Thanx in advanced
dagS