List:       mysql-odbc
Subject:    myodbc: Re: mysql-win32: Speed Problems !!!
From:       alvaro () webtriad ! com
Date:       1999-02-12 11:03:59

If you're running on Windows NT one think you might want to try is skipping
name
resolution when starting the mysql server and only using IP addresses

ie
mysqld --skip-name-resolve

hope this helps

Rob
_________________________________
Subject: mysql-win32: Speed Problems !!!
Author:  MIME:bpita@netcombbs.com at INTERNET-UK
Date:    11/02/99 17:16

Hello All,

I want to thank for the multiple answers that I received before my doubts
of performance between Access and mySQL. I interpret that to obtain a good
yield of mySQL, would have to migrate (at least as far as database server) to

LINUX, which is not justified at the moment. Some of You informed to me
that myODBC can be influencing the low performance of driver, so is waiting
for new improvements in the same one.

Thanks!

P.D.: for those that were asking if I have created index, the response is yes.

Saludos, Bernardo
Netcom BBS - Jogua Web Solutions
http://www.netcombbs.com & http://www.jogua.com.ar Río Grande - Tierra del
Fuego - Argentina

La Meditación Trascendental cambió la vida de mas de cinco millones de
personas. También puede cambiar la tuya. Busca información en
http://www.mt.org.ar

The above information is confidential to the addressee and may be
privileged.  Unauthorised access and use is prohibited.  William M.
Mercer Limited is regulated by IMRO and the Personal Investment
Authority. Registered in London No. 984275 Registered Office: Telford
House, 14 Tothill Street, London SW1H 9NB

"Pedi e dar-se-vos-a; buscai e achareis; batei, e abrir-se-vos-a. Pois todo
o que pede recebe; o que busca, encontra; e a quem bate, abrir-se-lhe-a."
(Mateus 7:7)