List:       mysql-odbc
Subject:    myodbc: Re: mysql: Visual Basic & MySQL
From:       David Foster <dfoster () panix ! com>
Date:       1998-03-10 17:09:36

At 09:47 AM 3/9/98 , Brian Moon wrote:
>No matter how I connect using MyODBC (ADO, RDO, DAO) I can not get an
>updateable recordset.  Same thing from Access 97 which is essentially DAO.
>I am connecting over the internet to a linux server from Windows NT.
>
>Anybody have luck in this way.

Ahh, OK, I had the same problem.  I can get a recordset, but it's never
updateable.
However, it works fine for me in Access 97.  You may want to make sure that
you
have a primary key index on one of the columns in the table, otherwise the
recordset
will be read-only.

I've already moved the project I was working on to SQL Server (MySQL was
just a test
bed [not my decision BTW]), so the priority level of the problem dropped
pretty far for
me.  But I'm hoping to dig up some time this weekend to look more
thoroughly for the problem.

Nobody seems to be chiming in here saying that they've gotten this to work.
 Right now, I'd love
to hear from anybody who has a recent version of MyODBC working with VB5.
Even if you don't
have any advice, just drop a note to the list that says 'I've gotten
updateable recordsets in VB5' would
be nice to hear.  I'm assuming the problem is something I'm doing wrong,
but it would be nice to be
sure.

BTW, this thread seems to be bouncing back and forth from MySQL to MyODBC.
I think it's more
appropriate on MyODBC, so I've only sent it here.