List:       mysql-odbc
Subject:    MyODBC Connector 3.51.23 and MySQL 5.0.27 DATE_FORMAT returns binary string
From:       "Peter de Bruine" <p.debruine () giscare ! nl>
Date:       2008-02-25 9:49:16

Hi All,

I have an application which uses the MyODBC connector to retrieve data from
the database. Now that I have upgraded to version 3.51.23 I noticed that SQL
statements that use DATE_FORMAT returns ???? for the field. I have found
that this was a bug in 3.51.15 but I should be solved.
We are using MySQL server 5.0.27 and I might not be possible to upgrade to
the latest version of MySQL. Is it possible for MyODBC 3.51.23 to return a
datetime field when using DATE_FORMAT??
I read that for the Connector/Net there is an option respect binary flags to
get this to work, but is this also possible for the ODBC Connector?

Kind regards

Peter de Bruine
The Netherlands