List:       mysql-odbc
Subject:    odbc connectionm problem
From:       Jason Koch <jckpc () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2007-01-20 22:57:04

I have mysql from godaddy.com. I have installed odbc 3.51.12 but cannot connect.

Here are my Connector/ODBC settings:
Date Source Name: shelby72
Server: mysql139.secureserver.net

Below is the sample configuration from godaddy.com if I was connecting to MySQL \
Database using PHP.

MySQL Server Database Connection Settings

 This example describes using PHP to connect to a MySQL Database on a Linux hosting \
account. <?php
//Connect To Database
$hostname="mysql139.secureserver.net";
$username="shelby72";
$password="your_password";
$dbname="shelby72";
$usertable="your_tablename";
$yourfield = "your_field";
mysql_connect($hostname,$username, $password) OR DIE ("Unable to connect to database! \
Please try again later."); mysql_select_db($dbname);
$query = "SELECT * FROM $usertable";
$result = mysql_query($query);
if($result) {
    while($row = mysql_fetch_array($result)){
        $name = $row["$yourfield"];
        echo "Name: ".$name;
    }
}