List:       mysql-odbc
Subject:    Re: Find the MyODBC version?
From:       "James Eaton" <jj () zolx ! com>
Date:       2006-09-20 20:59:55

----- Original Message -----
From: "Bonnett, John"

> MyODBC is on the client, not the server, although it may be on the
> server too. The one you use is the one on the machine where you are
> running. On my machine I can go to Control Panel/Administrative
> Tools/Data Sources (ODBC)/Drivers and see the version of MyODBC that I
> have. You can probably get that programmatically too if you need it.
> Whatever version of ODBC is on the server is not relevant, unless of
> course your server and client are the same machine.

The client happens to be a web server, but I understand your point.  I
have a web site on a shared web server for which I have no access to the
control panel or desktop.  My web application is using ODBC to access a
MySQL database and I'd like to verify the MyODBC version number.

Anyone know if/how this information might be found programmatically?