List:       mysql-odbc
Subject:    Re: Problem with connection to mysqldb with user
From:       Ruprecht Helms <rhelms () mymail ! ch>
Date:       2006-07-24 19:22:27

Hi,

> See this page in the manual:
>
> http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/en/myodbc-examples-walkthrough.html
>
> Which gives some basic steps for doing this.
>
> It sounds like you haven't configured a user for access to the database.

Ok all is done. I've tested the connection in the myodbc-Connector and
it works.

Unfortunately I have a problem in access by trying to build a chain to
a table in the mysql-database to which I connect via odbc. In MS Access
I come till the point that I'm asking which ODBC-Configuration I want to
use. After the selection of that configuration ms-access crashes.

I am using Access 2003 on client-side.
Any idea what can be the reason?

Regards,
Ruprecht