List:       mysql-odbc
Subject:    Re: Cannot connect using MyODBC 3.51.12 on Linux
From:       Tim Cartwright <cat () cs ! wisc ! edu>
Date:       2006-07-13 14:16:53

Peter:

Thanks for the quick response!

> Please try v3.51.13 at;
>
> ftp.mysql.com/pub/mysql/hidden/connectors
>
> BUT note that we develop against unixODBC except for OSX and MS
> Windows.

Will 3.51.13 be officially released in the next few days?  If not,
then I don't feel comfortable using it in our distribution, which
will be installed at many sites over the next couple months.

I'm going to try reverting to 3.15.06, which apparently has worked
for some people using the particular application that I'm concerned
about (the Globus Toolkit, esp. RLS -- see http://www.globus.org/
toolkit/docs/development/4.2-drafts/data/rls/admin/ for details).
Failing that, I'll probably have to look into switching to unixODBC.

Just so I understand the problem better, what is it that's failing?
What about the ODBC manager we're using (iODBC) could be causing the
problem?  Is it not passing data through to your ODBC driver correctly?

--
Tim Cartwright, Condor Project & VDT
University of Wisconsin-Madison, Computer Science Dept.