List:       mysql-odbc
Subject:    Connection Questions
From:       "Mike Crocker" <mikaelcrocker () gmail ! com>
Date:       2006-07-08 23:21:20

On the website it said that if you were to want to use C# to interface that
I would need this line of code: csc /r:System.Data.dll
I was just curious what I do with that, in other words where do I type it or
put it in.

I also have another question if you could help.. When I install Mysql it
goes fine, and then it prompts me for the option to
'Configure the MySQL now' and so I check the box and I proceed

I choose standard configuration, then developer machine, multifuctional
database, for number of connections I say manual and
choose the default of 15, the networking options are default with port 3306,
standard character set, I Install as a windows service, with everything else
default, The security options box comes up and I choose Modify Security
Settings, and so I make a password, and leave everything else default, and
then I click execute, it says I could start the service Mysql Error:0 so I
am stuck there.

Also when I do the connecting for ODBC and the System DNS I fill the stuff
out, and then I click the drop down box and I get an error which says that
it cannot connect to the local host with a number in parenthesis - (10061)
that is the number.. any help would be great.

PS I'm doing this for a Sr Project, I'm wanting to connect to mysql via C#
and create a GUI and all of that kind of stuff, it may help I don't know