List:       mysql-odbc
Subject:    Mapping from Boolean to Bit(1)
From:       Roland Volkmann <r.volkmann () surf25 ! de>
Date:       2005-09-17 18:35:14

Hello everybody,

I'm testing MySQL 5.0.12-beta with MyODBC-3.51.12-win32, both on WinXP.
If I export a Table from MS Access to MySQL, boolean fields are
transformed to Bit(1) in MySQL. That's fine so far.

But if I attach to that table from another Access Database, the Bit(1)
is mapped to "Text" in Access. It's the same with Access 97 or Access
2000. To have Boolean again or at least Numeric would be much better.

Is there a chance to change this behaviour?

With best regards,

Roland.