List:       mysql-odbc
Subject:    Re: odbc slow on Win XP
From:       artem () w510 ! com ! ua
Date:       2004-07-23 20:17:18

Hello Max,

have also winxp slow problem - mostly slow opening of datagrids
i use ini file and on winxp machines set something like NoSetLocale=1
then in client program build special connection string

    Dim nNoSetLocale As Long
    nNoSetLocale = GetPrivateProfileInt("client", "NoSetLocale", 0, "c:\charter.ini")
    If nNoSetLocale > 0 Then
        m_sConnStr = "DRIVER={MySQL ODBC 3.51 Driver};" _
                & "SERVER=" & sMySQLServerIP & ";" _
                & "DATABASE=idb_test;" _
                & "UID=ccc;" _
                & "PWD=aaa;" _
                & "OPTION=" & 1 + 2 + 256
    Else
        m_sConnStr = "DRIVER={MySQL ODBC 3.51 Driver};" _
                & "SERVER=" & sMySQLServerIP & ";" _
                & "DATABASE=idb_test;" _
                & "UID=ccc;" _
                & "PWD=aaa;" _