List:       mysql-odbc
Subject:    RE: <no subject>
From:       Armin_Schöffmann <armin.schoeffmann () aegaeon ! de>
Date:       2003-08-17 11:07:58

Hi!
assuming you're talking about win32:
do you want to automatically create a dsn during an odbc-driver-setup?
Installation of an odbc-driver does not create a data-source beside you explicitely \
instruct your (custom)setup to do so. What do you mean by "... Therefore I want to  \
change the data the driver  save into a file ."? There're three different kind of \
dsns: user-dsn
system-dsn
file-dsn

only the latter can be completely configured by a text-file, whereas the others need \
atleast a few api-calls or direct registry- /ini-file-manipulation to be configured. \
You may configure a dsn via this kind of file-dsn description and later, e.g. during \
a SQLDriverConnect-call refer to this dsn-file.

Regards,
Armin.