List:       mysql-odbc
Subject:    Re: myodbc
From:       Rich Cowan <rich () organizenow ! net>
Date:       2003-04-30 13:17:35

I just tried a similar configuration (visual basic 5.0) and had the
same problem.  I spent about 4 hours debugging it and found
that the "Addnew" and "Edit" methods would not work when
I selected MySQL data using a DAO recordset.

When I switched to use an ADO recordset instead, MySQL
was able to update the underlying database.

I would prefer in this case to use ADO.  I am wondering if I
be updatable.

-rich cowan