List:       mysql-odbc
Subject:    Re: Need to be able to import both single and double quotes in the same field via ADODB
From:       "PeterWR" <pwr () post4 ! tele ! dk>
Date:       2003-02-28 3:54:42

Hi,

I think this is a problem related to Windows and ADO - I normally have the
same problem when having ' in a text, like PC's - if You try to send a
text/field from one ASP-page to another, You never get the text to
Request.Form() - it dies in between.

On the other hand, You can paste the same text using a GUI direct into MySQL
on Windows.

My conclusion is, this is related to Windows. Probably the only solution is
using a substituion-character when writing to database, and replace-back
when displaying.

Best regards
Peter