List:       mysql-odbc
Subject:    Secure File DSN?
From:       Gary Lundquest <garylund () swbell ! net>
Date:       2002-03-14 0:35:12

I am using System DSN connections for an Access-2000 program that connects
to a MySQL server on a Linux machine, via MyODBC.  I think I would like to
use a File DSN and put it on the Linux server (in a Samba share) so that
multiple users could connect to the MySQL server without me having to
configure a DSN on each machine.  However, it appears to me that the file
DSN has the user name and password in a plain text file that can be read
with any text editor.  Is there a way to encrypt the File DSN?  Or is there
another (secure) way to set up the DSN so that I don't have to configure it
on each
client machine?

-Gary Lundquest