List:       mysql-odbc
Subject:    Compile MyODBC under Mac OS X
From:       Jim Dickenson <dickenson () cfmc ! com>
Date:       2002-02-04 21:25:35

I have installed unixODBC version 2.2.0 by doing the following:

   I needed to add #include <sys/types.h> to
      /usr/include/sys/ipc.h and /usr/include/sys/direct.h

   Downloaded the source tarball

   expanded with tar xzf <file>

   cd unixODBC-2.2.0

   ./configure --enable-stats=no --enable-gui=no
      Stats was disabled because semaphores are used and OS X either
      does not use them or whatever. The required header is not present.
      I disabled gui because I did not want to install QT.

I then tried to compile the MyODBC driver by doing the following

   cd Drivers/MySQL
      ./configure --with-unixODBC=/usr/local \
      --with-mysql-includes=/usr/local/mysql/include \
      --with-odbc-ini=/usr/local/etc \
      --with-mysql-libs=/usr/local/mysql/lib

but the OS X host is still not known to confiugre. I tried adding

      --host=powerpc-apple

but configure does not know how to create anything other than a static
library. How does one create a .so or .dyn type library from a .a file?

Has anyone been able to compile MyODBC 3.51 under Mac OS X? If so how did
you do it?

TIA,
--
Jim Dickenson