List:       mysql-odbc
Subject:    Reserver error (-7778); there is no message for this error
From:       "Antonio Begue" <antoniobegue () hotmail ! com>
Date:       2002-02-03 22:28:21

I'm trying to link a table from mysql server to access 2002, the test button
on odbc tell me that the dsn is correct but when i select the dsn and click
[Ok] an error ocurre: "Reserver error (-7778); there is no message for this
error"

How can i solve this problem.

I have another problem in VB6 with dao data object, if i pass a recordset to
my data object that is linked to a table, in the table only show the first
letter of each register.

Set ws = CreateWorkspace("", "user", "pass", dbUseODBC)
str = "odbc;DRIVER={MySQL ODBC 3.51
Driver};SERVER=localhost;DATABASE=test;UID=user;PWD=pass;OPTION=35"
Set conn = ws.OpenConnection("", dbDriverNoPrompt, False, str)
Set Registros = conn.OpenRecordset("select * from pet", dbOpenDynaset)
Set Data1.Recordset = Registros

the datasouce of DBGrid1 is Data1
and it only show the first letter of each field in varchar(20) or char(20)
type, the date type is correct

Another problem VB6:
if i use dbOpenDynaset when i set the recordset and use edit to change the
current field, the field changed is the next one not the current.
Set ws = CreateWorkspace("", "user", "pass", dbUseODBC)
str = "odbc;DRIVER={MySQL ODBC 3.51
Driver};SERVER=localhost;DATABASE=test;UID=user;PWD=pass;OPTION=35"
Set conn = ws.OpenConnection("", dbDriverNoPrompt, False, str)
Set Registros = conn.OpenRecordset("select * from pet", dbOpenDynaset)
Debug.Print Registros("name") '---------> Fluffy
Registros.Edit
Registros("name") = "Antonio"
Registros.Update
Debug.Print Registros("name") '---------> Fluffy
Registros.MoveNext
Debug.Print Registros("name") '---------> Antonio

Another one:
I can not edit fields in your mysqlgui neither in ado objects
Str = "DRIVER={MySQL ODBC 3.51
Driver};SERVER=localhost;DATABASE=test;UID=user;PWD=pass;OPTION=35"
Set DataGrid1.DataSource = Adodc1
Adodc1.ConnectionString = Str
Adodc1.RecordSource = ("select * from pet")
Adodc1.Refresh

When i try to edit a field an error say:  "Row cannot be located for
updating. Some values may have been changed since it was last read"

It seems that some problems are something about the first row
Please help me with this problems.

I'm usin Windows XP professional mysql-3.23.47-win, MyODBC-3.51.01, and vb6
Sp5