List:       mysql-odbc
Subject:    E_FAIL error....
From:       Vasoczki Ferenc <ferenc_vasoczki () gallup ! hu>
Date:       2002-01-31 16:28:23

Hi!

I made a query like:
str_q = "desc mytable;"
calling ado, and writing to a sheet the Field, Type, Null, etc...
Everithing is ok, while the rsADO.Movenext find a record, where the Null
column contain YES. /My Test table is below./
So, the first record like this is a1.
At here i've got an error message: "Data provider, or other service returned
an E_FAIL status"
I tried to search in archive, for E_FAIL, with no success.
Can anybody explain me, how can i read all of my records from this
recordset, instead of change all my columns to not null ???
Thx

Vaso

mysql> desc test;
+----------+----------------------+------+-----+---------+-------+
| Field    | Type                 | Null | Key | Default | Extra |
+----------+----------------------+------+-----+---------+-------+
| kerdezo  | int(11) unsigned     |      |     | 0       |       |
| instruk  | smallint(6) unsigned |      |     | 0       |       |
| sorszam  | smallint(6) unsigned |      |     | 0       |       |
| ev       | smallint(6) unsigned |      |     | 0       |       |
| ho       | smallint(6) unsigned |      |     | 0       |       |
| nap      | smallint(6)          |      |     | 0       |       |
| hanyperc | tinyint(4) unsigned  |      |     | 0       |       |
| a1       | tinyint(4) unsigned  | YES  |     | NULL    |       |
| u1       | tinyint(4) unsigned  | YES  |     | NULL    |       |
| v6       | tinyint(4) unsigned  | YES  |     | NULL    |       |
| o1       | tinyint(4) unsigned  | YES  |     | NULL    |       |
| o2       | tinyint(4) unsigned  | YES  |     | NULL    |       |
| k4       | tinyint(4) unsigned  | YES  |     | NULL    |       |
| k5       | tinyint(4) unsigned  | YES  |     | NULL    |       |
| k6       | tinyint(4) unsigned  | YES  |     | NULL    |       |
| k7       | tinyint(4) unsigned  | YES  |     | NULL    |       |
| k8       | tinyint(4) unsigned  | YES  |     | NULL    |       |
| wave     | tinyint(4) unsigned  |      |     | 0       |       |
| testdemo | tinyint(4) unsigned  |      |     | 0       |       |