List:       mysql-odbc
Subject:    Re: Newsgroups
From:       Jeremy Zawodny <jzawodn () yahoo-inc ! com>
Date:       2001-10-29 20:50:51

On Mon, Oct 29, 2001 at 01:22:55PM -0700, Matt Sellers wrote:

> The information in this email is great, but the volume of mysql
> emails mixed in with my other emails is forcing me to unsubscribe!
> (yes, I could filter, but that still fills up my email client.)

You think this list is busy?  Try the linux-kernel mailing list!

Anyway...

> Could we have newsgroups instead?  That would provide history,
> conversation threads, etc.  We could go search it to answer
> questions without generating new email.  We could have subgroups for
> major topics, such as "selects", "myODBC", etc.  Also, when you
> reply to a newsgroup item, you can usually send an email copy to the
> person you are replying to, so you would only get email as an answer
> to your specific post!

Do any of the public web archives of the list suit your needs?  Have
you seen them?

Would you want a uni-directional news gateway or bi-directional?

Jeremy
--
Jeremy D. Zawodny, <jzawodn@yahoo-inc.com>
Technical Yahoo - Yahoo Finance

MySQL 3.23.41-max: up 53 days, processed 1,199,059,668 queries (258/sec. avg)