List:       mysql-odbc
Subject:    RE: MyODBC Version
From:       Venu <venu () mysql ! com>
Date:       2001-09-27 18:21:16

Hi Nigel !!!

Something strange, am not understanding why it is not working for you,
becuase
this is fixed in .38 version itself. Can you send me the ODBC traces for
both
MS ODBC DM and MyODBC. Here is the simple procedure in getting the traces.

    If you encounter difficulties with MyODBC, you should start by making a
    log file from the ODBC manager (the log you get when requesting logs
from
    ODBCADMIN) and a MyODBC log.

    To get ODBC trace through Driver Manager, you need to do the following:

    1 The Tracing tab of the ODBC Data Source Administrator dialog box
enables
      you to configure the way ODBC function calls are traced.

    2 When you activate tracing from the Tracing tab, the Driver Manager
will
      log all ODBC function calls for all subsequently run applications.
      ODBC function calls from applications running before tracing is
      activated are not logged. ODBC function calls are recorded in a
      log file you specify.

    3 Tracing ceases only after you click Stop Tracing Now. Remember that
      while tracing is on, the log file continues to increase in size and
that
      this affects the performance of all your ODBC applications.

    To get a MyODBC driver log, you need to do the following:

    1 Ensure that you are using myodbcd.dll and not myodbc.dll. The easiest
      way to do this is to get myodbcd.dll from the MyODBC distribution and
      copy it over the myodbc.dll, which is probably in your
      C:\windows\system32 or C:\winnt\system32 directory. Note that you
      probably want to restore the old myodbc.dll file when you have
      finished testing, as this is a lot faster than myodbcd.dll.

    2 Tag the `Trace MyODBC' option flag in the MyODBC connect/configure
      screen. The log will be written to file `C:\myodbc.log'. If the trace
      option is not remembered when you are going back to the above screen,
      it means that you are not using the myodbcd.dll driver (see above).

    3 Start your application and try to get it to fail. Check the MyODBC
      trace file, to find out what could be wrong.

    If you find out something is wrong, please send a mail to
    mailto:myodbc@lists.mysql.com with a brief description of the problem,
    with the following information:

	    - MyODBC version
	    - ODBC Driver Manager type and its version
	    - MySQL server version
	    - ODBC trace from Driver Manager
	    - MyODBC log file from MyODBC driver
	    - Simple reproduciable sample

    Remember that the more information you can supply to us, the more
    likely it is that we can fix the problem!

    before posting the bug.

Regards, venu