List:       mysql-java
Subject:    Re: SQLState:  08001
From:       Cris Perdue <cris () perdues ! com>
Date:       2000-07-30 17:19:56

> I have mySQL installed and running on RedHat Linux 6.2 and can create =
> db's, tables, etc.  However when I try to access the server using the mm =
> jdbc driver from an app I keep getting the SQLException:
>
> Message:  Server configuration denies access to data source
> SQLState:  08001
>
> I get the same result authenticating as "nobody" and "root".  I have =
> edited the my.cnf file and all log files indicate the server is running =
> on tcp port 3306.
>
> Has anyone seen this before?  Offer any advice for further =
> configuration?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> -Billy

This is one of the commonest problems people report.  The problem is
that the database administrator has not granted access privileges to the
client user and host for your connection.  You can test and debug your
setup by running the command-line MySQL client from the same machine you
are trying to connect from with JDBC, as the same user also.

-Cris