List:       mysql-java
Subject:    Re: problem connecting with jsp
From:       Cris Perdue <cris () perdues ! com>
Date:       2000-05-28 17:06:55

> sir ,
> Q1=i want to connect my sql with java which type of
> driver i require .some one told me that a com folder
> is required to run java as frontend and mysql as back
> end where could i find this com folder.plese send me
> some sample example of connecting mysql to java
> servlets.

The information given to you is erroneous.  There are various way to
connect Java with MySQL.  The most commonly-used is JDBC, with one of
the JDBC drivers (implementations) referenced at:

http://www.mysql.com/Contrib/

> Q2=
> i want to connect my sql with jsp what is the exact Procedure required.if you could
> plese send me one sample example.of databse connection with jsp.
> also how can i connect it to dsn

Once you have Java, JDBC, and JSP, you can immediately begin writing
database applications with JSP and JDBC.  You call JDBC with Java code
in your JSP pages.

-Cris