List:       mysql-java
Subject:    Re: java
From:       Mark Matthews <mmatthew () worldserver ! com>
Date:       1999-12-31 23:27:28

The error has to do with the permissions setup on your DB server not
allowing TCP/IP connections. You are also using an older version of the
driver that masks the underlying problem because of a protocol change in
MySQL. First, get a newer driver (http://www.worldserver.com/mm.mysql/)
and then make sure your database permissions are setup to allow TCP/IP
connections from whatever host(s) your JDBC applet/applications are
running on. You can check your MySQL manual for detailed instructions on
the permissions settings you need.

	-Mark (author of MM.MySQL)