List:       mysql-java
Subject:    mysql-java: Question about Select method
From:       Raka <raka () students ! itb ! ac ! id>
Date:       1998-11-27 10:57:16

Can I (with Java) limit the Select operation to some number.....
[there's a method setMaxRows(int ) in class Statement]...but how to make
my program scan the database rows blobk-by-block [i mean, after it scans
..say 100 row, it return the result set..then it starts again scanning
from the 101st row....and it's exceuted in a loop]
I'm worry if I don't do this, to see the result, the client will have to
wait until my program scan the entire rows in database]

Is it to be solved with SQL syntax...or Java syntax ?

Please apoligize if my question sounds to basical and ambiguous...I'm a
newbie in this field....

Thank you very much for your helps...
raka.