List:       mysql-java
Subject:    Re: connector/j client certificate
From:       Mark Matthews
Date:       2015-07-31 3:53:00

On 07/30/2015 10:34 PM, Abhishek Mistry wrote:

> I actually just figured it out from some Oracle (not mysql)
> documentation. The correct format is not a file uri. On windows it's
> file:/C:/path_with_forward_slashes/.keystore
>
> One slash instead of two and you have to put the drive letter too.
> Strange.

Hi Abhishek,

The correct format is a file URI, because the driver under the hood is
using java.net.URL to canonicalize the path and open an InputStream to
give to the KeyStore implementation. You didn't say what actual URI you
tried, but it *should* be file:///c:/path/to/your/keystore/.keystore if
it is standards-compliant.

(note it's 3 slashes). Java's URL class *may* parse what you're using in
some way that works (many URL implementations, including the ones in web
browsers, will parse "wrongly formatted" URLs), but I don't see it
documenting where it's supported :|

     -Mark

--
Mark Matthews <mark.matthews@stripped>