List:       mysql-java
Subject:    3.1.8 and JBoss exception sorter & validity checker classes
From:       "Gokhan Demir" <gokhan.demir () igonline ! biz>
Date:       2005-04-15 18:13:59

Hi,

I have just downloaded the mysql 3.1.8 driver. After reading the manual, I
have seen that I can use the new, specific exception sorter and connection
validity checkers classes for JBoss. Since com.mysql.jdbc.integration.jboss
package is not in the 3.1.8 jar file, I manually added the two jboss
specific classes to the jar and then updated my connection cache xml file to
reference the two classes. On start, JBoss complains that it cannot find the
classes although I doubly made sure I have correctly put the two classes in
the 3.1.8 jar file and copied it to the correct jboss servername/lib folder.

What am I doing wrong and hence failing to make this work?

Best Regards,

Gokhan

P.S.: Here is part of what is logged by JBoss 4.0.1sp1 startup:

17:57:04,039 WARN  [LocalManagedConnectionFactory] Exception trying to
create connection checker (disabling):

java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: No ClassLoaders found for:
com.mysql.jdbc.integration.jboss.MysqlValidConnectionChecker

        at org.jboss.mx.loading.LoadMgr3.beginLoadTask(LoadMgr3.java:198)

        at
org.jboss.mx.loading.RepositoryClassLoader.loadClassImpl(RepositoryClassLoad
er.java:464)

        at
org.jboss.mx.loading.RepositoryClassLoader.loadClass(RepositoryClassLoader.j
ava:374)

        at
org.jboss.resource.adapter.jdbc.BaseWrapperManagedConnectionFactory.isValidC
onnection(BaseWrapperManagedConnectionFactory.java:463)

        more .

17:57:04,130 WARN  [LocalManagedConnectionFactory] exception trying to
create exception sorter (disabling):

java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: No ClassLoaders found for:
com.mysql.jdbc.integration.jboss.ExtendedMysqlExceptionSorter

        at org.jboss.mx.loading.LoadMgr3.beginLoadTask(LoadMgr3.java:198)

        at
org.jboss.mx.loading.RepositoryClassLoader.loadClassImpl(RepositoryClassLoad
er.java:464)

        at
org.jboss.mx.loading.RepositoryClassLoader.loadClass(RepositoryClassLoader.j
ava:374)

        at
org.jboss.resource.adapter.jdbc.BaseWrapperManagedConnectionFactory.isExcept
ionFatal(BaseWrapperManagedConnectionFactory.java:435)

        more ...