List:       mysql-java
Subject:    Re: Can't seem to fix: Value '0000-00-00' can not be represented
From:       Mark Matthews <mark () mysql ! com>
Date:       2005-04-09 17:41:41

Bob_Savard@adovo.com wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I just upgraded to 4.1.11 and C/J 3.1.7.  I've read the upgrade notes about
> setting the zeroDateTimeBehavior config property and I must be doing
> something stupid because it's not fixing the problem.
>
> Here's the line of code that the trace points to:
> Date expiration = rs.getDate("Expiration");
>
> I've also tried this form:
> Timestamp expiration = rs.getTimestamp("Expiration");
>
> The table's Expiration column is date; I've also tried datetime.  The
> default value is set to 00-00-0000 or 00-00-0000 00:00:00 respectively, and
> all the column's values are set to the default when I get the error.
>
> Tomcat 5.5.7's web.xml's context has this defined:
>
>                                     <Resource
>                                           name="jdbc/test"
>                                           auth="Container"
>                                           type="javax.sql.DataSource"
>
> factory="org.apache.tomcat.dbcp.dbcp.BasicDataSourceFactory"
>                                           username="tomcat"
>                                           password="tomcat"
>
> driverClassName="com.mysql.jdbc.Driver"
>
> url="jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/test?autoReconnect=true&amp;noDatetimeStringSync=true"
>                                           maxActive="10"
>                                           maxIdle="30"
>                                           minIdle="10"
>                                           maxWait="20000"
>                                           poolPreparedStatements="true"
>                                           maxOpenPreparedStatements="0"
>                                           removeAbandoned="true"
>                                           removeAbandonedTimeout="60"
>                                           logAbandoned="true"
>                                           defaultAutoCommit="true"
>                                           defaultReadOnly="false"
>
> defaultTransactionIsolation="REPEATABLE_READ"
>
> zeroDateTimeBehavior="convertToNull"
>                                     />
>
> What am I doing wrong??
>
> Thanks for any help/pointers!

Bob,

Looks like you need an &amp; between each name/value pair in your
URL...Tomcat's not going to pass anything after
'noDatetimeStringSync=true" to the driver, and it won't warn you about
it either (it's kind of lax about its XML parsing :|)

	-Mark

- --
Mark Matthews
MySQL AB, Software Development Manager - Connectivity
www.mysql.com

MySQL User Conference (Santa Clara CA, 18-21 April 2005)