List:       mysql-java
Subject:    Re: connection error in a stress load env
From:       Dennis T <dennis10_t () mac ! com>
Date:       2003-10-20 17:33:56

Hi David,
My Connection Pool Mgr was designed to have a min set of connections and
could grow up to fixed level. I was also closing connections if the
connections
are released to the pool & if it exceeded the min level. In a high
stress load there
could be shunting of opening and closing connections and subsequently
run out
of descriptors.

I have got rid of releasing connections & I do not get the "Address
already in use"
exception anymore.

When do find the time I may add some more logic of setting create time
for each
of the connection obj, and release it if its lying idle in the pool for
a while.

Thanks,
Dennis