List:       mysql-java
Subject:    =?iso-8859-1?Q?R=E9f=2E_=3A_Help_reqd=21?=
From:       jeanyves.beaujean () corman ! be
Date:       2003-10-13 6:58:02

--=_alternative 00266F34C1256DBE_=

Hi,

You must use DatabaseMetaData like this

try
{
        DatabaseMetaData dmtd  = yourconnection.getMetaData();
        ResultSet res = dmtd.getCatalogs();
        while ( res.next() )
        {
                StringBuffer line = new StringBuffer();
                // there is only one field in the resultset : TABLE_CAT (String) = catalog
name
                System.out.println(res.getString(1));
        }
}
catch ( SQLException e )     { System.err.println("ERROR : "+ e );  }

Jean-Yves Beaujean
Service informatique
CORMAN S.A.

"P.V.Srikanth" <P.V.Srikanth@delphi.com>
13/10/2003 06:15

        Pour :  java@lists.mysql.com
        cc :
        Objet : Help reqd!

Hi All,

   I want to know how can we get a list of all the databases found on a
specified mysql database server through JDBC code.

It would be of great help if you could send me details.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks & Regards
Srikanth