List:       mysql-java
Subject:    Articles that support MySQL's performance
From:       "Scott Hodson" <scott () ubero ! com>
Date:       2002-06-28 21:13:20

This eWeek article is always referred to when MySQL is compared to other
commercial systems that are faster.  Does anybody have any other
articles to support this?  If it's really faster there needs to be other
studies or other benchmarks done to support this.  MySQL doesn't even
show up on the TPC benchmarks, a long-time set of database benchmarks.

http://www.tpc.org/

They probably aren't even considered in TPC because MySQL has
historically had weak transaction support, though the TPC-H benchmark
has to do with queries only.

Also, the eWeek article seems to only consider Java applications using
MySQL, instead of overall speed, independent of the speed of any
language or its database connection drivers.

We did our own benchmark comparing SQL Server with 3 different JDBC
drivers (Microsoft, JDBC-ODBC, and JSQLConnect) and MySQL with 2
different JDBC drivers (MM and Resin) and the Resin/MySQL combination
was the fastest.  But using .NET and SQL Server was even faster.  It was
a benchmark with a bunch of queries, no transactions.