List:       mysql-java
Subject:    What's the point? (was RE: SubQueries and Temp Tables)
From:       Mike Sallman <mike () fidelitybankmn ! com>
Date:       2002-06-27 16:58:50

Dave,

Sorry, I'm just not getting it. At first you seemed to be criticizing MySQL.
Now you seem to have switched to Java.

> Why write a web browser or anything in Java?

Why not?

> Same reasons (answers) apply to the application server, database backend
side.

So, are you saying that there are no scenarios in which Java is a viable
choice as a language? Seems like that would qualify as a troll on a Java
mailing list.

> Regardless of what it is written in a Java app can probably connect to
> it but that isn't the point.

What is the point?

Mike

Michael Sallman