List:       mysql-internals
Subject:    PL/SQL
From:       Shane Adams <shane () tanisconsulting ! com>
Date:       2001-08-29 23:13:21

Is anyone working on a procedural/object scripting language similar to
pl/sql (i.e not just binding in python or perl, but a full on specific
mysql development language)?

I've seen pl/sql used in production environments and it's really a nice
system.  The syntax may not be the greatest, but it streamlines development
IMO.  I like the fact that it integrates SQL directly into the syntax of
the language, and doesn't require using an API ala DBI in perl.

As with any language discussion, these things can boil away to simple flame
wars which isn't my goal with this email.  I'm not promoting PL/SQL syntax,
just asking if anyone has given thought to dropping in a Mysql specific
scripting language that extends the SQL syntax already present.

Just curious,
   Shane