List:       mysql-internals
Subject:    Re: Fulltext partial word match
From:       "Nicolas Ross" <Nicolas.Ross () cybercat ! ca>
Date:       2001-08-27 18:31:52

On Aug 27, Sergei Golubchik wrote:

> Sorry, as it was untested patch, I missed one line.
> You would like also to change
>
>     mi_float4get(tmp_weight,aio->info->lastkey+keylen

>     mi_float4get(tmp_weight,aio->info->lastkey+1+*aio->info->lastkey
>
> Sorry for this.
>
> > So, I'll think I'll have to wait for mysql 4.0. When sould it be out (at
> > least as beta) ?
>
> I don't know. MySQL 4.0.0-alpha will be released in a week or two.
> But I cannot say when 4.0 will reach beta state.
>
> And, in case you've missed that, fulltext search in
> MySQL 4.0 will NOT support searching for the work end. Only prefix
searches
> will be supported.

Yes, now it's working like it should. If I search for the begenning of a
word, it is matched as it was a full word, with the same score.

But I can't still match a suffix (like in l'industrie, when seaching for
industrie, my first example), and I did have catched that with this modifs,
I'll only be able to match prefixs...

Thanks for all !

Nicolas