List:       mysql-internals
Subject:    Problem with time_zone system variable
From:       Shaukat Mahmood Ahmad <write () sma ! im>
Date:       2015-05-13 15:58:49

Hi All,

Within my custom storage engine, I want to get time zone of client
machine from where I received current query, I am using following code
but it does not return any thing.

THD* thd = this->ha_thd();
system_variables sys_vars = thd->variables;

bool time_zone_used = thd->time_zone_used;

Time_zone* timezone = sys_vars.time_zone;
const char* name = timezone->get_name()->ptr(); // Unhandled exception

Can anyone help me how can I get system (MySQL server machine) and
session (mysql client machine) time zone information?

Regards,
SMA