List:       mysql-internals
Subject:    Re: Schema inconsistency after inplace alter table in MySQL 5.6.6-m9
From:       Dmitry Lenev <Dmitry.Lenev () oracle ! com>
Date:       2012-09-12 16:10:48

Hello Rich!

* Rich Prohaska <prohaska7@gmail.com> [12/09/12 18:55]:
> Hello
>
> How does one recover from crashes that occur when altering a partitioned table,
> especially if the operation is committed on the storage engine but the frm is old?

The only way that comes to my mind is to finish .frm renaming manually
(i.e. by manually renaming .frm files on disk).

But, indeed, this is not a satisfactory solution for normal users and
a better solution is necessary (e.g. automatic recovery/redo in some
form).

--
Dmitry Lenev, Software Developer
Oracle Development SPB/MySQL, www.mysql.com