List:       mysql-internals
Subject:    How a storage engine write its own binlog
From:       "Yuan Wang" <wangyuanzju () gmail ! com>
Date:       2008-07-30 13:55:15

We are developing a simple storage engine. This storage engine will
implement a so called "fast update" feature. That is, when a record is
updated, we only update the content in memory, no logging will be
done. There is a backgrould thread which will check the modified
records periodly and write logs. So, the storage engine itself will
write binlog, but I don't know how to do this now. Basically, I have
the following 4 questions:

1. There is a flag HA_HAS_OWN_BINLOGGING in the source, so I think if
we declare this flag in ha_xxx::table_flags, MySQL will not write
binlog?
2. How can I write binlog in my storage engine?
3. Can I return HA_HAS_OWN_BINLOGGING in some cases but don't reture
HA_HAS_OWN_BINLOGGING in other cases?
4. Can a transactional storage engine set the flag HA_HAS_OWN_BINLOGGING

Help needed pls.