List:       mysql-internals
Subject:    Error handling
From:       "Muslimas Chochlovas" <muslim.aliev () gmail ! com>
Date:       2008-07-22 8:45:02

Hello,

This week I'm going to implement error handling mechanism for my GSoC
project (which is SIGAR information schema plugin). And I wonder what would
be the best way to do that. First we check on return values from SIGAR
library functions and depending on that decide if there was an error. If the
call was unsuccessful we would have to inform user about that. I see three
options so far:
1) To return an error message.
2) To return an empty table (or fill it with NULL values).
3) Combine two options above.
What would you advise?

Cheers,

M.Chochlovas