List:       mysql-internals
Subject:    Re: Testing the Storage Engine API
From:       Nidhi Shrotriya <Nidhi.Shrotriya () Sun ! COM>
Date:       2008-07-15 8:13:50

Hi all,

Amit told me about this thread. Sorry, I am just subscribed now.

I would like to put forward some ideas here that I believe should fall
in the same line of thought.
Please have a look at the very first draft of the framework design
coming out on these lines.
https://inside.mysql.com/wiki/SEATeamPage/SE_API_Testing_Framework

Appreciate your comments.

I also understand it has been tested through its usage in storage
engines and the distribution of tests in /mysql-test contain
-Tests for particular SEs.
-Common set of tests with test wrappers to change the SEs.

Though the organization of tests makes it a bit difficult to say we have
comprehensive standalone engine suits or a complete common set for
different SEs. I believe it needs some effort there too to have it more
streamlined.

Brian mentioned Patrik Galbraith also have some kind of framework in
this regard. It would be great if he could share that with us, so that
to avoid any duplicacy.

Rgds,
nidhi