List:       mysql-internals
Subject:    Re: Missing files in Windows source distribution mysql-5.0.48-20070802-win-src.zip ?
From:       Martin MC Brown <mc () mysql ! com>
Date:       2007-08-14 11:58:42

Hi Ron,

> I followed the instructions in 5.0 Reference Manual
> http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/windows-source-build.html
> and downloaded the latest MySQL 5.0 Windows source distribution
> mysql-5.0.48-20070802-win-src.zip
>
> Then I followed the instructions in "2.4.15.6.1. Building MySQL
> from Source
> Using CMake and Visual Studio".  However, in the work directory, I
> cannot
> find win subdirectory and file win\build-vs8.bat.  It appears that the
> entire "win" subdirectory is missing in Windows source distribution.

You should download the standard source distribution (i.e.
mysql-5.0.45.tar.gz from http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/mysql/
5.0.html#source).

The 'Windows' source distributions that you see in that list are
erroneous - we build Linux and Windows from the same source trees.

If you download the standard source file you should find the win
\configuure and win\build-vs8.bat files and build as per the
instructions in the reference manual.

MC

--
Martin MC Brown, Technical Writer