List:       mysql-internals
Subject:    Re: Looking for DB Internals Guru whose Brain we can Pick
From:       Sasha Pachev <sasha () mysql ! com>
Date:       2002-09-25 0:09:46

On Tuesday 24 September 2002 04:27 pm, you wrote:
>My friend Sam Hurst and I (Matt Walsh) have an idea we want to validate
>before we make a startup out of it, and we need someone with solid
>database internals understanding to help.
>
>At this point, we want to run the idea by someone to figure out whether
>indeed what we want to do makes sense.  Because we'd like to commercialize
>this idea I can't give a full dump on it out in the open.
>
>I can tell you that the idea will *not* compete with MySQL.  Quite the
>opposite, we hope that our product will make MySQL more attractive.  Our
>goal is also *not* to sell closed-source software.

Matt:

MySQL is an open source project, and the reason the source is available is
for people to use it as they please as long as they comply with the licence
agreement, which basically says you cannot resell our work without giving us
money. If your idea indeed makes MySQL more attractive, MySQL AB would
welcome it and would be glad to give you some tips on how to make things
work, or whether it is technically possible to make it work. The best MySQL
internals experts, of course, will be found inside MySQL AB itself.

You may consider entering into a partnership with MySQL AB. If that is the
case, send an e-mail to partner@mysql.com

--
MySQL Development Team
For technical support contracts, visit https://order.mysql.com/?ref=mspa