List:       mysql-announce
Subject:    MySQL Tools for Visual Studio 1.0.2 GA released!
From:       "Reggie Burnett" <reggie () mysql ! com>
Date:       2006-12-16 14:44:48

Today we have released MySQL Tools for Microsoft Visual Studio 1.0.2 GA --a
downloadable plug-in for Visual Studio 2005 that allows Windows developers
to quickly build MySQL data-driven applications with Visual Studio.  With
this plug-in, developers will be able to create, modify and manage MySQL
database objects with an easy-to-use interface from within the Visual Studio
IDE.  This product is delivered as a package compatible with Visual Studio
2005 and delivers the following features:

    - DDEX (Data Designer Extensibility) compatibility
    - Ability to work with MySQL objects (tables, views, stored procedures,
etc) from within Server Explorer
    - Support for MySQL versions 4.1 and higher

** IMPORTANT **
This product will only work correctly with Connector/Net 5.0.2 and higher.

This release does not include the ability to work with the DataSet designer
but we will be making a beta of 1.1 available shortly that will include this
functionality.  MySQL Tools for Visual Studio binaries are currently
available under a no-charge license.  We plan to release the source code and
are currently determining what license the source code will be placed under.
The plug-in can be downloaded from
http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/visual-studio-plugin/1.0.html.

Thank you for your time and effort in checking out this product.  Please
don't hesitate to use the following resources for posting your bug reports,
questions, or concerns.

Bugs:   http://bugs.mysql.com/   (use the Connector/Net category)
Forum:   http://forums.mysql.com/list.php?38
List:   http://lists.mysql.com/dotnet