List:       mysql
Subject:    Re: flex [was: Odd issue]
From:       "Steve Werby" <steven-lists () befriend ! com>
Date:       2001-03-31 22:23:35

"Lindsay Adams" <lindsay@dingos.net> wrote:
> Well,I decided to try out some new stuff, and was going to compile PHP 4,
> but got stuck at the following when running configure:
> checking for flex... no
> checking for lex... no

I've installed flex from source on Cobalt RaQs.  It's a simple install.  It
will probably install just fine on the Qube2.  You should be able to find
the official source for it using google.  If not I can send you the source
for flex-2.5.4.  It seems you installed MySQL in /usr/local/mysql.  Be
careful if you do this b/c the /usr and /var partitions on the Cobalts are
pretty small and if you do logging or have large databases the partitions
will fill up fast.  You might be better off installing onto /home.

--
Steve Werby
President, Befriend Internet Services LLC