List:       mysql
Subject:    A few questions
From:       Michael Beaucourt <michaelbe () mac ! com>
Date:       2000-08-08 12:05:31

Hi all,

As I am learning MySQL at the moment, I have some questions from time to
time:

1. Do you need a PRIMARY KEY in every table?

2. If I give a row the AUTO_INCREMENT option, is it possible to start
with a certain number (let's say 1000 instead of 1)?

3. If I need a Boolean TYPE, what is the datatype I should use when using
MySQL. I have noticed that MySQL hasn't got BOOLEAN, so what is the best
replacement?

Thanks for help.

Michael.