List:       mysql
Subject:    ms access entries -> mysql
From:       "Geoffrey B Powell" <geoffbp () ozemail ! com ! au>
Date:       2000-07-31 22:13:12

hi all,

I have a text file (an export of an MS Access Query)
full of entries like the following:

"Jim","Westveer",19,"Male","Hardware Technician","71 Meff
Place","Sutherland",11
"Chad","Tausq",21,"Male","Consultant","29 Foos Street","Illawong",0
"Bjourne","Strousopp",27,"Male","Software Developer","34 Upress
Place","Illawong",41

etc.
how can i get these values into a table in mysql?
I already have created the appropriate table in mysql for their values.

(firstname,surname,age,sex,occupation,address,suburb,items)

btw. i'm using Linux for mysql

.. at the moment if i want to manually add someone to the table i can use:
INSERT INTO details VALUES('first
name','surname','age','M/F','Occupation','Address','Suburb','Items bought');

and it works fine.. however I don't exactly want to do that for the 350+ of
them in my text file.

thanks for the help if anyone knows!

=========
 Geoffrey B Powell 		if (sleep){