List:       mysql
Subject:    Re: mod_auth_mysql : configure script error ?
From:       Van <vanboers () server ! dedserius ! com>
Date:       1999-08-03 0:44:10

chas wrote:

> Great six sense, Van :)
>
> > try ./configure <otherstuff> --with-apache=/usr/local/include
> >Just a hunch.
>
> You were right. The configure script then found the
> apache lib (httpd.h) correctly.
>
> Btw, what made you suspect this might be the problem ?
> I ask because "--with-mysql" then crapped out when I
> tried "--with-mysql=/usr/local/include/mysql" or
> "--with-mysql=/usr/local/include", even though mysql.h
> is actually in /usr/local/include/mysql.
>
> But following your lead, the following worked :
>
> ./configure --with-mysql=/usr/local --with-apache=/usr/local/include
>
> (Is this a FreeBSD issue ? or is my system missing some configuration ?)
>
> Anyway, thanks again and hopefully this will save somebody else some time.
>
> chas
Chas,
It's a little known magical potion.  I deal with similar issues to the
FreeBSD crowd since I live in the Slackware world where all Unixens are
my friends, even if they think I'm weird.

But, getting to the point... the apps that want to know where apache and
mysql are, aren't looking for the directory named "apache" or "mysql",
but the directory where they can find the directory named "apache" and
"mysql" to help them find the pieces they need.  I'm sure if you sifted
through some of the make files and deciphered the includes section you'd
be able to determine this more specifically, but, I've found this theory
to be workable.
It's kinda funny, huh?  >:)
Regards,
Van